Car Rental San Diego Airport
This is the best place for cheap car rental San Diego Airport.
US-RentACar San Diego Airport has the lowest possible prices for dependable and cheap San Diego Airport car rental. The most convenient way to start your holiday in United States is with a car rental San Diego Airport. Reserve your San Diego Airport car rental in advance to save even more money. You will pay a much lower price when you book your car rental San Diego Airport well before you will arrive. We deliver discounted prices for car rental destinations all over the world, including San Diego.
Cheap Rent A Car in San Diego Airport
With US-RentACar San Diego Airport, you can be confident that the price you are quoted is the best all inclusive rate possible. Give yourself a perfect holiday with the freedom of car rental San Diego Airport. You deserve a smooth vacation and you will be pleasantly surprised at the simplicity of a San Diego Airport car rental. Do not waste anymore time, book your vehicle today with US-RentACar San Diego Airport. The end result will be a worry free vacation and a satisfying experience.
There is only one place to get the highest quality cars for the cheapest prices and that is US-RentACar San Diego Airport.
If you find a lower price, contact our customer support and we will work hard to match the deal!
Picture Gallery of San Diego Airport
san diego airport 1
san diego airport runway
san diego airport sign
Airport Data for SAN
Transportation from SAN
Distance from SAN to:
- San Diego City Centre – 2 miles (4 km)
- Tijuana, Mexico – 20 miles (32 km)
- Anaheim – 96 miles (154 km)
- Long Beach – 105 miles (169 km)
- Los Angeles – 121 miles (194 km)
Nearest Major Airports:
- Santa Ana Airport – 86 miles (139 km)
- Long Beach Airport – 106 miles (170 km)
- Los Angeles Airport – 125 miles (201 km)
- Calexico Airport – 127 miles (204 km)
San Diego Time Zone:
- 8 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT – 8:00)
Hotels near SAN:
- There are several hotels within 2 miles (3 km) of San Diego International Airport
Facts about SAN:
- SAN is the busiest single-runway commercial airport is the US
- The runway was extended to over 2.6 km during World War II
- The airport opened in 1928
- SAN services an average 300 flights and 50,000 passengers every day
Car Rental at San Diego Airport:
- There are 13 car rental companies operating from San Diego Airport
- Take the free shuttle to your car rental kiosk
- Prices for rental cars change during different seasons
- Many car rental kiosks work 24 hours a day
San Diego Metro Bus:
- SAN to downtown San Diego on Flyer Route 992.
- Boarding is at SAN Terminals 1 and 2 and at the Commuter Terminal.
- Regular fare for the 10 minute ride is 2.25 USD
- Buses leave every 10 minutes from 5:00 AM to 12:50 AM.
- There are at least five registered taxi cab services from SAN.
- Hail a taxi outside of the arrival area
- Fares to downtown San Diego are between 10.00 USD and 20.00 USD
- Travel time to city centre is around 10-15 minutes
- There is no direct train service to SAN.
- The nearest train station is 2 miles (4 km) from the airport
- The train station can be reached using the Metro Bus service.
- Trains connect with Los Angeles, Orange County, North County, and more
- Purchase tickets at the station
- Prices depend on your destination
- There are ten registered shuttle van and bus services operating from SAN
- Kiosks are located inside the airport terminal
- Single ticket to the city centre is 9.00 USD
- Additional passengers are discounted
- Travel time to city centre is under 10 minutes.
- *1.00 USD = 0.70 EUR, 0.60 GBP
- SAN offers a free, 24-hour Cell Phone waiting lot for passenger pick-up.
- There are 50 available parking spaces
- Maximum waiting time is 60 minutes
- Unattended vehicles will be towed
- There are three medium and long-term parking lots available at SAN
- Each lot is serviced by a free shuttle bus
- The price is about 3.00 USD/hour
- Day 1 = 21.00 USD maximum
- Additional days range from 10.00 USD to 26.00 USD
- SAN also offers Valet parking facilities at 30.00 USD/day
- *1.00 USD = 0.70 EUR, 0.60 GBP
*Prices, information and exchange rates are as of June 16, 2009